Athlete – pathology of infectious origin that affects the top layer of the skin. The main causative agent of the disease are fungi of the genus epidermophytons.
Skin fungus feet treatments and causes
This disease is very contagious. This is due to the fact that the threads of the mycelium and spores anthropophilic fungi are contained in the Horny layer of skin and lots of it stand out on its surface. This simplifies the transition of the fungus in the environment. This feature of infectious agents contributes to the unfavorable epidemiological situation. Therefore, it is important to start treatment of this disease.
The main ways of infection
The main factor contributing to athlete's foot is the direct contact with pathogens on the human skin. Due to the fact that a favorable environment for the growth of colonies of pathogenic fungi are humidity and heat, their habitats are public spaces: baths, showers, common changing rooms. They also accumulate on the surface of shoes, linens and items common items used by the infected person.
High probability of infection of athlete's there when you visit the master pedicure. Unfortunately, these institutions often violate the rules of disinfection and sterilization of instruments and trays for arranging appropriate cosmetic procedures.
Concurrent use of household items such as washcloths, towels, cosmetics, wearing Slippers, shared a bed often triggers the infection is a fungal infection.
One of the trigger factor is the poor personal hygiene, excessive dirt on the legs, wearing dirty socks. Mismatched shoes, or made from substandard materials and often wearing dirty and wet shoes guarantees the stop infection by pathogenic fungi.
Skin fungus feet treatments and causes
It should be noted that there are factors that contribute to a more rapid penetration of pathogenic microorganisms in the skin:
- The presence of disease and injury in the upper layers of the skin.
- A weakened immune system.
- The presence of chronic diseases.
- Obesity of any degree.
- Unbalanced nutrition.
- Anatomical deformity of the feet.
Long-term therapy with antibacterial medications or tools that contribute to reducing the protective functions of the body.
Fungal microflora always present on the skin of the person, and in the air. Under the influence of precipitating factors and they aktiviziruyutsya is their reproduction. The result is infection of the skin. Therefore, you should monitor themselves and to minimize the risk of Contracting the fungus.
The skin fungus of the feet: the types of pathogens and developmental stages of mycosis
To provoke the emergence of fungal infections of various pathogens. Most often the skin is exposed to stop the defeat of the following types of fungi:
- Fungi of the genus Candida.
- Trichophyton interdigitale.
- Trichophyton rubrum.
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
In medical practice there are several forms of mycoses, which are classified depending on the localization of pathogens and signs of clinical manifestations.
Skin fungus feet treatments and causes
The main forms of severity:
- Erased. The initial stage of the disease. Striking evidence of this form of infection can not be observed. Easy to treat, the main methods of which is the use of drugs of external use. When the manifestation of symptoms should immediately begin treatment.
- Squamous-hyperkeratotic. Develops at a later period of the disease. Is a consequence of poor or untimely treatment of the erased forms. Manifests as swelling of affected areas and light discomfort.
- Intertriginous form. In most cases the primary localization of this mycosis are interdigital space at the third, fourth and fifth fingers. At this stage of the disease modified the skin of the feet, and also violated their integrity.
- Disgidroticheskaya. The most severe form of a fungal infection on the skin of the feet. Occurs in case of delayed treatment of the initial stages of this pathology. A distinctive feature of this shape is the presence of blisters on the affected areas, the treatment of which is effected only by the methods of systemic therapy.
In the presence of advanced forms of athlete's foot is an internal intoxication, which affects the functioning of all body systems. Therefore, the treatment of earlier forms of fungal growth will help to avoid complications, the occurrence of severe forms and relapses.
Symptoms of foot fungus
With the aim of timely detection of fungal infection, you should regularly and thoroughly inspect the skin of the feet and to draw attention to the manifestation interoceptive sensations.
- On the affected area and severe dryness or waterlogging. This is especially noticeable in the interdigital folds.
- Change the color of the skin. In places of localization of the fungus, the skin becomes tinged with red, the intensity of which depends on the degree of development of the inflammatory process.
- Violation of the integrity of the skin. In the initial stage of development appears on the skin of dead skin particles of the epidermis in form of scales or plates. With the progression of pathology of cracks, sores and rash in the form of numerous vesicles with turbid exudate.
- Changes in the structure of the skin. The affected areas become more dense due to the keratinization of the skin appear in corns and calluses. Depending on the form of the disease may form a seal, swelling of the skin.
- Modification of the nail plate. The deformed nail, changes in shape, color and structure. The nail plate is thickened, stratified and crumble. Depending on the shape of the fungal growth changes are observed either in a small area of the nail, either over the entire area.
In the area of localization of the fungus appear uncomfortable sensations of itching or burning.
A severe form of athlete's foot accompanied by pain when walking.
The degree of intensity of their manifestation depends on the type and stage of development of fungal infection. Also, a characteristic sign of the presence of a fungal infection is the presence of peculiar unpleasant smell.
In most cases, the symptoms manifested comprehensively. But even when any of the signs there is a chance of fungus on the feet. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a doctor to confirm or refute the presumptive diagnosis.
Skin fungus foot: treatment and prevention
The success of the therapy depends on correct diagnosis and accurate identification of species of causative agent of athlete's foot. Regardless of the type and stage of fungal infection in the treatment uses an integrated approach. It is the combination of conservative therapies and traditional medicine.
Ointment foot fungus, cheap method of treatment ointment
Outpatient and inpatient treatment of athlete's foot using the following methods:
- Drug therapy. Is the use of pharmaceutical drugs aimed at eliminating a certain type of fungus. Among them are tools to narrow focus or broad spectrum. Comprehensively are selected depending on physiological state. Prescribe drugs for local and oral administration. The most effective drugs in the fight against athlete's foot are those whose structure contains antifungal and anti-inflammatory active substances.
- Physiotherapy. When diagnosing foot fungus, apply ozone therapy, balneotherapy, laser. They have anti-inflammatory effect, inhibits the development of pathogenic microorganisms in the affected areas of the skin, relieve discomfort and stimulate the regeneration of the skin.
- A great helper in the treatment of skin fungus of the feet is an alternative medicine. It includes the use of various funds, having fungicidal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect on the affected fungal infection sites.
The main means of traditional medicine:
- Herbs: special baths based on herbs, tar, herbal tinctures and extracts, compresses of aloe. Also, essential oils are used medicinal herbs
- Food: soda, salt, vinegar, propolis, Kombucha, onion, garlic, coffee.
- Household chemicals: soap, washing powder, toilet soap based on oil and tar, concentrated disinfectant detergent.
Athlete's foot: treatment and prevention of disease
Despite the variety of drugs used in the treatment of the disease to better prevent it from occurring by carrying out a systematic prevention.
It is recommended:
- Strict observance of rules of personal hygiene.
- Proper and adequate nutrition.
- To eliminate the risk of fungal infection.
- Controlling the intensity of sweating of the lower extremities.
- Shoes for everyday wear should be comfortable and made of natural materials.
- Regular treatment with disinfectant shoes.
- When you visit the pool and saunas using personal or disposable shoes.
- The exception of contact with infected fungus people and animals.
Attentive to their health and regular consultative examination by a dermatologist will help to identify the development of athlete's foot. And this, in turn, will facilitate treatment and enhance therapy effectiveness.